For more info and details about the Pitch Contest
Click the button below
Sat, Jun 03|
Writing & Making The Short Film
This two day workshop will help you get your short film on the page and on the screen.
Time & Location
Jun 03, 10:00 AM – Jun 10, 12:00 PM
About the Event
PART 1 . Writing the Short Film: Saturday, June 3 / 10AM – 12PM Pacific Time
PART 2. Making the Short Film: Saturday, June 10 / 10AM – 12PM Pacific Time
Additional Q & A Sundays, 11-12 Pacific Time / June 4 and June 11
A short film can be a career starter, a piece of art or just an entertaining, bite-sized moment on screen. No matter what your end-game, this class will get you started by helping you get your short film on the page and on the screen.
CLASS 1: Writing the Short Film
Sometimes there’s nothing more overwhelming than writing small. That’s why we concentrate on the short film’s unique structure and consider all of the artistic possibilities.
In this workshop, writing instructor Pilar Alessandra will help you:
- Find and focus your idea
- Explore and structure your story
- Craft and rewrite your pages
- Edit creatively for your production needs
CLASS 2: Making the Short Film
Once you’ve written it, it’s time to make it. Whether you are shooting your film on your iPhone, DSLR, or an Arri Mini, you need basic skills to ensure you are visually telling an appealing story that will elevate you as a filmmaker. This class will virtually walk you through how to create these elements in your work and help you prepare to direct your film.
In this workshop, filmmaker Landi Maduro will cover:
- Camera Angles ( How camera angles reveal information about your characters)
- Camera Blocking (How camera movement helps tell your story)
- Script Breakdown / Storyboarding
- Audio (Capturing clean audio)
- Film Festivals (How to select the right film festival for your film)