Script writers' circle
Hear your Words read aloud
Script Writers' Circle (every Wednesday at 5:00 pm PST) is our virtual weekly table read of scripts written by our members. We read 5-25 pages from a feature length script or an entire short script fewer then 25 pages and give constructive feedback on story structure, format, character, dialogue and what we like about the script.
If you don’t have a script to read feel free to join us and support your fellow members. It is a great way to expand your knowledge on script writing. If you are a WOCF member and would like to submit your script for review, please send up to 25 pages of your script along with your photo to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We review one script weekly. Script reviews are scheduled in the order scripts are received. Each person who participates in Script Writer Circle is asked to be prepared to SHOW YOURSELF VIA VIDEO so we can see you and network with you.
Script Writers Circle Guidelines
Script Writers Circle is a safe space for writers at any level to share their work and feel supported as they learn and grow. This means we give very specific feedback regarding what we liked about the script, story structure, format, character development, and dialogue.
A Few Rules:
1. Stating you don't like the script, the genre, the characters or the subject matter is not allowed. There are scripts that are written that may not appeal to you. Your personal feelings regarding the above topics are irrelevant to the growth of the writer. Your feedback should be constructive, not critical.
2. Scripts are not pre-read and may include subject matter that is triggering for some. There may be scripts that include cursing as we do not censor scripts. If you are uncomfortable with the subject matter or not wanting to say curse words please let us know if you are called on to read. You are always welcome to just listen and/or leave.
3. Be courteous. It is not easy to share your work and receive feedback, so craft your words from a place of kindness.
4. Keep the meat & spit out the bones. When you are the featured writer some of the feedback you receive may not resonate with you. Pay attention to the notes that have merit as they can help you grow as a writer.
5. Have fun. The beauty of WOCF is having members of various ages, ethnicities, and backgrounds coming together and sharing work with no judgment. Let's celebrate each other and enjoy the process.
featured script writer