Thu, Jun 15|
The Virtual Indie Director's Workshop
The Virtual Director's workshop, taught by Landi Maduro is designed for new directors and indie filmmakers who want to make their films look cinematic on a minimal budget.
Time & Location
Jun 15, 7:00 PM – Jun 16, 7:00 PM
About the Event
In this workshop we will cover:
- Camera Blocking (How camera movement helps tell your story)
- Camera Perspective (The importance of what is in frame and out of frame)
- Camera Angles ( How they help tell your story and intensify your actor's performance
- Lighting (How lighting can reveal things about your character)
- Audio (Capturing clean audio)
- Film Tone (Light, exposure and how to plan your tonal range)
- Script breakdown/Analysis
- Post Production
Whether you are shooting your film on your iPhone, DSLR, or an Arri Mini, you need basic skills to ensure you are visually telling an appealing story that will elevate you as a filmmaker. In this course, we will virtually walk you through how to create these elements in your work and help you prepare to direct your film.
Landi has worked as a freelance videographer and photographer for over 10 years. She has written and directed independent films, web-series, small business commercials, and online learning courses. She has also managed numerous industrial videos from innovative initial concepts, through development and final production. She has spearheaded classes, workshops, and keynote speakers for her organization Women of Color Filmmakers, where she works diligently to provide educational resources for female filmmakers.