Tue, Nov 28|
Non-Member Registration - Finding Your Footing As An Indie Director
This class will touch on how to use camera angles and blocking to strategically reveal story elements and information about your characters. This is an introduction to the Virtual Indie Director Workshop.
Time & Location
Nov 28, 2023, 5:00 PM
About the Event
The first time you direct a project it can feel overwhelming. You desperately want to make a good movie but you're not sure how to visually tell your story. Maybe you do have some ideas of how you want to shoot your film but you're not sure if those ideas will give you the cinematic look you desire on your limited budget.
In this class we will briefly touch on:
- How to use camera angles and blocking to strategically reveal story elements and information about your characters.
- How lighting can create mood and the tone of your film.
- The importance of taking your time with pre-production
- How to communicate with your crew to achieve your film goals.
- Working with an editor who understands your vision.
If you have taken the class or this workshop before this is a great refresher on some of the techniques and skills Landi teaches.